A pro-active Procurement Manager is required for our manufacturing client based in Plymouth.
Key responsibilities / duties:
- Purchase effective products or services to maintain our client’s reputation.
- To negotiate the best prices and to monitor costs in relation to budgetary constraints.
- Effectively communicate with existing employees in different departments to identify business needs.
- Liaise with managers and observe the market in order to recognise any new procurement opportunities, suppliers and products/services.
- Consider prices of new products and services in relation to quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage new and existing supplier relationships.
- To implement new changes / strategies across different departments and lead negotiations to enhance growth.
- Analyse total costs with the aim to reduce and improve.
- Assess current procurement policies and procedures in order to implement continuous improvements.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective negotiator.
- Organised, with excellent mathematical, logistical and financial analysis skills.
- Experience with Supply Chain Management procedures.
- Ability to analyse data/markets, plan strategically and network effectively.
- Must be able to think on their feet and have good business knowledge.
If you are an experienced Procurement Manager and are looking for a new opportunity, please click the “apply” button or call Samantha Edwards for an informal chat on 01752 252533.