We are working closely with a clinical software specialist who are searching for a Software & Infrastructure Project Manager to work from either their Plymouth or Bodmin offices. Our client creates innovative IT products and services that transform the way their customers work and as such, innovation is at the heart of what they do. They have strong and growing divisions that specialise in providing IT services, communication solutions and retail to business and home customers throughout the UK.
The Software and Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the management of software and infrastructure projects, covering the whole life-cycle of the operations of the company. The management of such projects will include; planning, monitoring, enforcement, documenting, reporting and generating required procedures & governance.
You should have a broad understanding of technologies and business that provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to leverage technology, processes and business change, to support and enforce management and delivery of the organisation’s product catalogue in both a timely and cost effective manner. You will report to the Technical Operations Manager. You will need to be a team player, with excellent customer care and interpersonal skills who is articulate, self-motivated and possesses the ability to prioritise and deal with escalated queries.
- Schedule factual project timelines and budgets and manage them to achieve delivery within agreed targets or within minimum reasonable deviations.
- Maintain continuous project status awareness and communicate it efficiently to stakeholders in the organization, along with any early warnings of potential deviations, to allow planning of corrective actions.
- Manage resources according to their efficiency and skillset in order to optimise their utilisation and availability, highlighting performance issues to the department manager.
- Keep up to date with technologies that can improve the workflow of the organisation’s operations.
- Participate and help manage the creation of necessary procedures and governance in line with project deliverables.
- Make day to day operational decisions and have the criteria to promptly escalate them as needed.
- Cultivate and promote team culture and help on encouraging coaching at all levels of the team.
- To conduct project presentations and compile reports to people at all levels (including board level). To interpret, answer, and/or take forward any enquiry or query, in a responsive and caring manner in order to achieve a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- To communicate with both in-house and third party representatives, to ensure that project delivery is not hindered.
- To establish trust that you are acting effectively and efficiently on behalf of the company by way of communication and liaison.
- To monitor and escalate unresolved development issues and milestones.
Knowledge & Skills
- Educated to university degree level in computer science, computer information systems, engineering or equivalent or being able to demonstrate knowledge acquired through experience.
- Experience of working across multi-divisional, cross-functional organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in business management and processes. Formal training would be desirable. APM, PMP or Prince 2 certification would be beneficial.
- Will have demonstrable software application management experience and be knowledgeable on full stack software development cycle.
- Will be able to identify and utilise the necessary skills and resources to achieve the agreed specifications within cost and timescales.
- Passion to improve existing methods and working practices of an organization.
- Excellent and versatile communicator who can liaise with technical experts as well as business stakeholders.
- You will ensure and provide continuous visibility of the project status to your managers by means of regular report generation and following paradigms within AGILE methodologies.
- Problems addressed involve the interpretation of cases and evaluation of requirements, requiring constant inter-action with colleagues throughout the company. There is a requirement to look for solutions involving some originality, drawing both on current practices and acquired knowledge and skills, mostly in response to the demands of the customers.
You will be accountable for ensuring that resolution meets both NHS/ITIL and business criteria, in line with performance indicators, quality standards, statutory regulations and to agreed time scales. This role is mainly office based but will sometimes require attendance on sites throughout the UK. The successful candidate will also be expected to attend periodic meetings with the NHS. This is a permanent, full-time post, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week.)
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.