Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required on a permanent basis to join a large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. Reporting to the Maintenance Group Leader this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team at a time of substantial growth. The successful candidate will diagnose, fault find and repair CNC machinery, carrying out planned preventative maintenance as well as supporting continuous improvement within a lean manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Inspect and repair all CNC machinery including fixtures and fittings.
- To carry out planned and preventative maintenance as scheduled as well as responding to machine breakdowns.
- To support TPM continuous improvements.
- To assist with the replenishment and maintenance of machine spares as required.
- To keep maintenance areas clean, tidy and secure as detailed by line management.
- To liaise with machine manufacturers and spares suppliers.
- To supervise contractors as required.
- To support the Production Services Manager and Maintenance Group Leaders to achieve team targets in line with the RPS.
- To work in a safe manner and to be aware of Health & Safety issues with regard to maintenance/engineering practices.
- To actively participate in improving equipment efficiencies and processes.
- To maintain and promote high levels of discipline and motivation.
- To undertake training to improve skills base where required.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Multi-skilled Engineer with practical experience of maintenance and fault diagnostics in PLC’s, Electrics, Electronics, Pneumatics, Mechanics and Hydraulics.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Maintenance Engineer within a manufacturing environment.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications essential.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering desirable, although not essential.
- To be a good flexible team player and also be capable of working as an individual.
- To have good oral and written communication skills.
- To be IT literate and capable of updating maintenance software. (History, work done etc.)
The successful candidate will be required to weekly shift rotation consisting of days and nights.
If you are an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.