Experienced Stock Controller required to join the existing team of a large manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out scheduled cycle counts and stock investigations in SAP and WMS, report on inaccuracies / process issues and to liaise with colleagues to correct stock related errors.
- Generate cycle counts in SAP as per SAP schedule.
- Carry out physical stock counts generated by SAP.
- Make relevant adjustments in SAP and, where applicable WMS.
- Prioritise stock checks in lotus notes.
- Interrogate transactions to find root cause of stock issues using SAP and WMS.
- Identify process and system issues that cause stock inaccuracies.
- Work with the Logistics and Planning Manager and other stakeholders to rectify process and system issues.
- Support process improvements with updating training material, SOP’s & training accordingly.
- Support with system improvements.
- Record & report all stock adjustments and, where possible, root cause analysis for stock inaccuracy.
- Liaise with Logistics, Purchasing, Planning, Sales, Engineering, PED and the Production teams to carry out stock correction activities.
- Forklift driving to obtain parts from racks, yard and shop floor.
- Manual handling and lifting of parts in order to count stock in line with manual handling procedures.
- Operate in line with company health and safety procedures at all times.
- Report hazards and unsafe activity.
Essential Experience & Attributes Required:
- Counterbalance forklift licence gained through an external affiliated provider.
- Relevant, recent, experience within warehousing and / or stock control.
- Previous experience of using an MRP or ERP system.
- Proficient user of excel.
- The ability to communicate well with team members on all levels.
- A proactive and flexible approach to work.
- A persistent attitude to problem solving.
Desired Experience (not essential).
- Reach forklift truck licence.
If you are an experienced Stock Controller, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.