Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required on a permanent basis to join a large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. Reporting to the Design Manager this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team at a time of substantial growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of new products and also include leading Design reviews, embedding the use of design tools and coaching team members.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not exclusive:
- The design and development of new products.
- Development of effective working relationships with worldwide customer base.
- The use of design tools such as DFMEA and Six Sigma tolerance analysis.
- Participation in design reviews.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Attributes Required:
- BEng in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent).
- Previous Experience of Creo or Inventor CAD.
- A minimum of 10 years previous experience gained within mechanical design and analysis.
- Thorough working knowledge of design standards.
- Practical experience in the use of Design tools.
- Exceptional customer facing skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
Advantageous / Preferred Experience:
- Electrical & Cooling knowledge would be advantageous.
- Incorporating design for Manufacture and Assembly into Engineering Design advantageous.
- Previous Use of 3D CAD advantageous although not essential.
- Dynamic analysis techniques and product testing experience preferred, although not essential.
If you are an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.