Two Experienced Setters / Operators required to join the existing team of a large manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth.
The successful candidate will be required to set machine tooling and jigs in accordance with Production Engineering and company standards.
- Set and operate machinery in any cell as directed by supervision.
- Set and operate a cell unsupervised.
- Set machine tooling and jigs in accordance with production engineering and Company quality standards.
- Complete first-off’s and appropriate checks in compliance with Company quality and production engineering standards.
- Load and unload components from machinery.
- Achieve production targets – where variances occur, report to the Cell Leader or Senior Cell Leader.
- Communicate breakdowns or machine abnormalities to the Cell Leader, Senior Cell Leader or a member of the maintenance team.
- Stamp product to verify conformance with the Company quality standards.
- Good house-keeping within your area of work.
- Observe and comply with all Company health, safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Operate and set machinery in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Perform frequency gauge checks in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Report defects to cell leader, this includes scrap and RTS. Setter operator to report work order, part number and reason to the Cell Leader.
- Ensure tooling is fitted correctly and running in accordance with specification sheets.
- Complete daily short interval scheduling sheets clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete daily/weekly machine setter operator checklist – coolants, oils and machine health and safety.
- Train operators or setter operators as and when required.
- Dispose all consumable items in accordance with the Company’s ISO 14001 procedures.
- Undertake KPS activities as directed by the Cell Leader.
- Perform TPM as and when required.
- Wear Company issue health and safety personal protective equipment at all times.
- Ensure machinery guarding is in place when machinery is operational.
- Report damaged or faulty guarding or machinery to the Cell Leader immediately.
- Previous experience setting and operating CNC machinery within an engineering environment is essential (preferably Fanuc controlled).
- Previous experience reading Engineering Drawings is essential.
- Must have previous experience of using measuring equipment such as Vernier’s and micrometres (preferably analogue and digital).
Desired Experience (although not essential).
- A relevant Engineering based qualification (i.e. Mechanical Engineering).
The successful candidate must be able to work weekly alternating shifts of Monday to Friday – 06:00am – 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:00pm – 22:00pm.
If you are an experienced CNC Setter & Operator, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.