Two experienced Manufacturing Engineers required to join an existing team based at a world class manufacturing site based in Plymouth. Reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager, the successful candidates will be hands on in assisting with New Product Introduction (NPI) across the site, as well as using lean techniques to improve existing production processes more efficient. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global based manufacturer at a time of substantial growth.
- Ensure that both new and existing processes and / or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
- Undertake New Product Introduction (NPI) within manufacturing to completion, taking into account all aspects of layout, material flow, quality, tooling, jigs & fixtures using critical process control.
- Identify, take ownership of, facilitate, support and encourage continuous improvement activities within manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing processes where necessary for problem solving and resolution.
- Complete Engineering Change Notes.
- The ability to work with other departments, securing support from across the organisation to achieve challenging objectives.
- Continue to develop your skill set through continuous professional development to support the successful implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy.
- Support the Head of Industrial Engineering to achieve the teams’ target.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer, implementing Lean processes within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a HNC in a relevant Engineering qualification such as Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering.
- Knowledge and / or experience of using Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes.
If you are an experienced Manufacturing Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton