My client The Barden Corporation a leading aerospace precision engineering company based in Estover, Plymouth are looking to recruit experienced Team leaders / supervisors for their manufacturing facility. Applicants ideally will have manufacturing supervisory experience however this is not essential. The successful applicants must have proven leadership qualities and be able to plan, lead, motivate, coach and manage the resources of their section to achieve agreed service levels.
The supervisory management of production personnel providing leadership, managing teams and supporting the plant vision and local strategy. Directly responsible for section: output, efficiency, roll out of Lean principles, 5s, TPM, Heath and Safety and achieving plant PCR.
The core competencies required are:
- Situational Leadership
- Goal orientated
- Problem Solver
- Team player
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of shop floor and ancillary personnel within the section.
- Ensure maximum optimisation of machines and labour through “lean” activity.
- Support with the resolution of problems raised by subordinates if requested.
- Maintain high communication with both supervision and subordinate personnel. Updates on procedure and legislation required.
- Deal with disciplinary and grievance issues within their section and within their scope in accordance with the defined procedures.
- Administer systems related to the control of attendance, absence, holidays, lateness, pay (bonus), time sheets, etc., as required.
- Maintain regular liaison with production planning and supervision to optimise the effective scheduling of components through the production process.
- Responsibility for tool control and usage within area and ensure TPM activity is followed.
- Maintain flexible work cover arrangements with other Team Leaders/ Setters within the department.
- Ensure that all health and safety rules and safe working practices are adhered to. Update of procedures and legislation required.
- Maintain close monitoring of the progress of orders in accordance with agreed schedules / changes in priorities / flexible thinking.
- Monitor and progress “sample parts” throughout the process.
- Ensure the maintenance of quality control procedures, dealing with quality alerts as appropriate. this will also include responsibility for the upkeep of individual Tarifolds within each section, liaise with quality auditors.
- Maintain and control all current auditing procedures and feedback relevant information to immediate supervisor.
- Control and arrange for the disposal of scrap as appropriate and correctly recorded.
- Undertake responsibility for the training and development of reports identifying training needs of subordinate personnel.
- Set and maintain standards for quality, safety, housekeeping and manufacturing. This will include problem solving activities and Kaizen.
- Play an integral role in lean and become the main plant drivers of continuous improvement.
- Support Segment Leaders and Training Officer in managing the company’s systems in conjunction with the Environmental Task Force (ETF).
- Ensure the company’s environmental objectives and targets are met according to agreed time plans.
Formal pre requisites for the position (e.g. training, experience, education etc.)
- Education: Formal qualifications NVQ level 3 or above.
- Essential experience: Minimum 2-3 years experience as a Supervisor / Team leader
- Essential skills: Ability to read, understand, organise deadlines, priorities, schedules.
- Desired skills: Literate, numerates, good computer literacy (word, PowerPoint) and change management.
- Desired experience: Time served apprenticeship in engineering field.
- Knowledge of gauge metrology would be beneficial.
- Willingness to attend further supervisory training courses.
If you are an experienced Team leader / Supervisor, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest.