We are searching for a Clinical Systems IT Trainer to work with a well known clinical software specialist, who are going through an exciting period of growth. It will be your responsibility to train GP Practice staff throughout the Country and internal staff in the use of the Evolution Clinical Systems and associated programs.
You will be in charge of developing and maintaining associated training materials, maintaining and updating their on-line manual. You will be required to manage all aspects of administration relating to training events, including assisting with software demonstrations at major events and road-shows as well as other key promotional events throughout the Country, so you must be happy to travel.
- To liaise with Practices and CCG’s, to identify training needs within their area
- Responding to enquiries / queries regarding training and attending meetings & User Group meetings
- Organising, planning & delivering training sessions and informing Accounts of training to be charged
- Delivering 1:1’s webEx style training and having the ability to adapt the training session to meet user requirements
- Develop and maintain up to date training hand-outs and monitor the training evaluation process in liaison with other Training Team members and the line manager
- Maintain / update the Evolution on-line manual
- To promote the Company and its’ products and to maintain a knowledge of current and future developments within the Company
- To take support calls from the Service Desk when in the office, ensuring the call is logged & updated accordingly
- Aid with the creation of release notes and training material including delivering internal training sessions to other departments
- Attend exhibitions, road-shows and other Sales Events in order to demonstrate the clinical software and assist with questions relating to the products
- Able to travel extensively with relevant away stays
- To plan and deliver training sessions to suit the appropriate level of the trainee/s, to amend those sessions and adapt delivery style during training to respond to the needs of the customer. To direct customer issues to the appropriate individual for resolution
- Internal contact is a key feature of the job involving the post holder in liaison and consultation with other team members, developers, support staff and management across the Company. Externally, the post holder has continual contact with customers and regular contact with CCG’s and NHS Digital at all levels
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of customer data, for computer equipment used for training and for requesting the preparation of orders and invoices associated with training. To be responsible for all company equipment while working off site including documentation and pool cars
Knowledge & Skills:
- The post holder should have a good general education, excellent keyboard, interpersonal and communication skills
- A medical background, preferably within GP and previous use of Evolution would be desirable but is not essential
- The post holder must have a clean, full and current UK Driving Licence
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload with minimal or no supervision
- General computing qualifications and an understanding of principles such as databases, file systems, system lifecycle & networking
- Have previous experience of dealing with clinical safety would be highly advantageous
- Experience in delivering training or presentations in the past is advantageous
- Be outgoing, friendly and approachable
- 28 Days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata
- Pension scheme
- Health Care Plans
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
- Plus many more
You will spend a considerable amount of your time visiting clients on site, this may involve extensive travel time using Company pool cars. The post holder will be required to stay in overnight accommodation where necessary and areas requiring overnight accommodation would include but are not limited to; Hampshire, East & West Sussex, London, Essex, Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Wiltshire, Cheshire, East Lancashire, Staffordshire, Stockport, Isles of Scilly & Channel Islands. These areas are based on the locations of current Client sites. This list could change dependant on the acquisition of new sites. Time will be required in the office to attend meetings and to complete appropriate paperwork, so you will also spend time in the office.
If you have the relevant skills and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest!