An experienced Payroll Administrator is needed for our large manufacturing client in Plymouth. The purpose of the role will be to ensure all hourly employees are paid correctly, adhering to weekly deadlines. You will be liaising with managers, employees and external sources to implement accurate wage details.
The successful Payroll Administrator will work as part of a team ensuring accurate and timely in house payroll processing, in accordance with statutory and company regulations, legislation's, policies and procedures awareness.
You will be required to work 7.30am to 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and Friday (7.30am to 12.30pm).
- Maintenance and checking of daily time and attendance system
- Maintenance of employee records on the Payroll/HR system
- Maintain wage and PRP records for employees
- Carry out calculations of pay and deductions
- Ensure correct and accurate processing of payroll data
- Record absences
- Check and produce payslips
- Answer earnings enquiries
- Process hourly paid starters and leavers
- Completion of statutory and legal forms
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for senior management
- Deal with solicitors regarding wage details of employees involved in accidents
- Deal with HMRC, PCC, CCC, CSA, Plymouth Courts, Unions, temp agencies and other external sources
- Adhere to GDPR legislation
- Experience handling high volume payroll
- Computer literate (excel, word)
- Ability to communicate well and be data driven
- Proven Significant experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Written, verbal and interpersonal skills
If you are an experienced Payroll Administrator and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Cerys. Many thanks for your interest.