This position has come about due to a project called ‘Game Changer’ which will transform the lives of young people living in challenging circumstances in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly today. It will support them in overcoming the complex challenges they face as we better understand their individual aptitudes and interests; developing skills and experiences and building connectivity and networks, hopefully resulting in them moving into work or long-term learning. The Administrator (Claims) plays a crucial role in the operational running of this project, including data management; evaluation, impact collection and measurement, reporting and maintaining database systems.
- NVQ Business administration L3 preferred
- Adaptable to change and new challenges
- Experience of providing administrative support, including maintaining electronic and paper filing systems and making effective use of Microsoft programmes
- Willingness to learn, advance your knowledge and progress
- Use of learner tracking databases such as Lamplight, Microsoft Office etc
- ESF/ERDF/ SFA and or funded programs would be desirable
- Experience of working in or with a Social Enterprise preferred
- Knowledge of current welfare changes and how they affect young people aged 18-24 would be desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults preferred
- Good communication skills, personable with the ability to work well with others
- Priopritisation skills, the ability to decide which tasks need to be tackled immediately and which ones can wait
- Understanding of Data Protection and GDPR would be advantageous
- Good eye for detail when checking documents for errors is essential
- EXCEL skills would be an advantage
- Handling confidential/sensitive data
- Good time management skills
- To develop and maintain administration systems to ensure filing and storage of data is handled in a timely and accessible fashion appropriate to contract requirements and the client confidentiality and Data Protection policy.
- Create and maintain data information using Lamplight, the client’s online database system.
- Develop systems for impact measurement, evaluation and case studies with the support of the Contract Managers, Head of Marketing & Communications and Head of Impact.
- To work with Project Lead/Contract Managers and Game Changer Admin in providing evaluation and data reports for a variety of needs.
- To provide timely and clear communication about any issues arising.
- With the support of the Operations Team, set up and implement appropriate systems and processes to enable effective and efficient contract management.
- To work with staff to gather relevant data to help with monitoring contract performance.
- To attend funders’ administrator meetings and recommend any changes to admin processes.
- To provide administrative support to Project teams and young people including room and travel bookings, access to resources etc.
- To assist the Operations Team in the ongoing quality assurance and improvement of our contract/grant delivery and management.
- Field general enquires and ensure specific enquires are signposted to the correct areas of the business – adding value to these interactions wherever possible.
- To help implement, maintain, improve and regularly update the clients CRM system for use by all areas of the business so that it is effective, efficient and leads to identified opportunities, intelligence and coordinated action across the whole organisation.
- Work proactively to address problems and seize opportunities related to customer use, sales and handling – including implementing new systems and procedures where necessary.
We’re interested in finding people who are dedicated, tenacious and who enjoy the challenges of working as part of multi-disciplined team. We don’t always see work as something to do between 9-5; a passion for what we do along with a clear focus on outcomes sits behind our approach to working practices. We believe in the value of collaboration, so a friendly and open approach to work is vital; as is the ability and willingness to challenge and be challenged. Change is part of our DNA, so staff must be resilient and able to cope with uncertainty whilst feeling compelled to grow with the organisation.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.