Experienced Quality Engineering Supervisor / Senior Quality Engineer required to lead the existing Quality Engineering team of a global manufacturer based in Plymouth. This is a middle management position reporting to the Quality Engineering Manager / Quality Director where the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a manufacturer at a time of sustained growth.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not exclusive too)
- Management of the Quality Engineering Department including deputising for the Quality Manager / Quality Director during periods of absence.
- Defining and executing the objectives and targets for the Quality Engineering department with particular focus on providing exceptional customer quality and service.
- Supporting other company sites to implement group quality standards.
- Representing the company in discussions with key accounts and OEM customers.
- Timely reporting of information required by key internal and external stakeholders.
- Control of continuous improvement process activities to fulfil quality performance indicators.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Attributes required:
- An Engineering Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Extensive experience in quality management systems and / or quality engineering management – Ideally within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Institute of Quality Assurance Diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Work effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a focused and hands on approach.
- Be highly flexible and proactive.
The successful candidate will be working a 39 hour week.
If you are have Supervisory experience from within a Quality Engineering background, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.