Experienced Project Engineer within Planning is required to work closely with the production management team to create and manage a cohesive build plan and Synchronise supply of material according to production demand/requirements.
To project manage, coordinate and implement a new planning system, including procedures and development of work packages to support all aspects of the fitout build process (to include alignment of the BoM).
To project manage the delivery performance within the planning of production and build of product. This is an excellent opportunity to implement and build a new structure and team within the company's Lee Mill site.
- The Project Production Planner will work closely with the Production Management to ensure that a cohesive build schedule is in operation to drive the fit out of the boats. Defining the work breakdown structure to standardise the lines build and then sequencing the work packages in conjunction with the specialist trades.
- To project manage the new structure of the planning procedures and to implement the new processes within the site.
- Examine, challenge and verify the contents of the BOM which are then require alignment to the work packages whilst ensuring that the options available are integrated into this level of work.
- To implement the work packages and standard work, working closely with production staff to hone the plan.
- To build the Work Packages for each build slot to support system readiness prior to Boat Crew Start.
- Continual monitoring of production status and the ability to identify and implement effective strategies to improve on-time delivery, right first time quality and budget adherence.
- Compare actual build progress with the schedule, and react to the implications.
- Plan and look ahead using MRP System and forecast to ensure delivery to the customer is upheld.
- Pull materials to build schedule via MRP system whilst managing WIP to a minimum without impacting agreed build plan.
- Provide intelligent interpretation of raw data using a variety of tools.
- Highlight / escalate major material problems to the business and robustly expedite critical part shortages.
- Work with Logistics to coordinate agreed supply delivery drops and location
- Challenging requests for additional materials/parts, investigate and address the root cause of lost/damaged parts.
- Contribute to the development of the Supply planning systems & processes.
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
- Project Management experience within Manufacturing (ideally within planning).
- Able to demonstrate the ability to project manage a new system / improvements and manage the process was start to finish.
- A strong communicator with the ability to achieve results through influence and co-ordination.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- We are looking for an analytically minded individual that can demonstrate strong mathematical skills who is comfortable working within complex data environments.
- MRP experience will be provided.
- KPI’s - Productivity, Quality, Delivery and H&S Targets as determined by Senior Management.
- Working closely with production.
Working hours will be Monday to Thursday 0730 to 1630 and Friday 0730 to 1230.
If you are an experienced within Project management in a manufacturing environment and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.