My Client, a leading manufacturing company based in Plymouth is looking to recruit an organised, experienced and dedicated Quality Systems Manager who will be responsible for the day to day and long term management of the quality management system. He or she will pro-actively develop a culture of continuous improvement and direct the company to meet requirements set by the company, ISO 9001.
- To uphold, maintain and amend as necessary all of the ISO 9001 requirements set by the business and ISO 9001.
- To maintain and amend the Quality Manual as Directed by Top Management and whenever procedures are added, withdrawn or amended.
- To control, maintain and issue the Company Procedures throughout the business.
- This includes updating amended ISO procedures etc. held in Sharepoint.
- To systematically audit the Company Procedures, Work Instructions, Inspection Systems and documentation throughout the business e.g. Red Boat Files, Composite Work Instructions and Moulding Inspections. This includes the responsibility of scrutinizing and amending all documentation prior to implementation.
- To be pro-active in assisting all departments maintaining the Quality and Production requirements.
- To control, maintain and issue ALL departmental Work Instructions throughout the Company and to liaise in raising documentation for any new requirements.
- To control and create all production registered documentation.
- Maintaining the Stellent I.T. Programme containing all of the Quality Documentation to enable all relevant documentation to be accessible to read and printed.
- Responsible for all Procedures required for ALL Staff and Production employees to ensure compliance to Company and ISO 9001.
- Responsible for setting up and chairing annual management review meetings and coordinating actions decided as a consequence of the meeting.
- Responsible for being the contact person for third party audits details (date, theme etc.). Co-ordinating third party audits and countermeasure plans and implementation on third party audit findings. Accompanying third party auditors and assisting to their audits.
- Initiate Corrective Action Reports where it is deemed necessary to investigate root cause and prevent reoccurrence.
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
- Half yearly surveillance visits and three yearly re-accreditation audits (ISO9001)
- Auditing of all departments within the company to a set time plan
- Minimum of two years ISO 9001 Quality Management implementation and maintenance skills
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing/operational processes allied to the company’s product
- Experience of managing a team desirable
- Relevant / suitable qualifications both administrative and technical
- Qualified as a Lead Auditor
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques
- Demonstrate ability to manage departmental budgets
If you are an experienced Quality Systems Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.