We are looking for a recent graduate to work for one of Plymouth's most prestigious manufacturing companies and largest employers.
Our client is searching for someone to join the Contract Buying Team and ensure the supply of purchased parts and services to production facilities, in line with the business needs, in the most cost effective and time critical way. All the time ensuring the best P&L for the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has recently left university to work for such a prestigious company.
- Review and understand commodity and market pricing via analysis of raw material fluctuations, currency movement and market trends/demands to support cost reduction via negotiation, internal waste reduction projects and design/development improvements.
- Negotiate long term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier improvement programmes
- Work closely with development and engineering teams in evaluating new products & technology to obtain best market pricing
- Undertake ‘make or buy scenarios’, local cooperative purchasing and implement as necessary
- Adhere to administration systems ensuring agreed processes of the purchase cycle such as order format, delivery schedules etc are complied with
- Undertake training to ensure that the required standards are achieved.
- Report on a monthly basis all cost reduction achievements, rolling project programmes and all key performance indicators. To mitigate price increases imposed on the business from the supply base
- Support improvement projects including Six Sigma initiatives
- Update and control of visual KPI’s and 5S audits boards
- Act as an ambassador for Princess Yachts, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the company’s values, to promote Princess as a market leader
- Cost reduction/cost increase management and reporting on a PO to PO basis
- Cost Reduction Savings - process & waste, development & engineering, cost of quality
- Inventory Reduction – number of suppliers on inventory reduction programmes and value of product and contract status (suppliers under contract) and agreed price structures
- Strategic Interface
- Interface with all areas of the business including assembly, supply chain, development, engineering and external suppliers
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area (Engineering, Procurement, Business)
- Computer literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to communicate well at all levels by showing good presentation skills with a willingness to embrace change
- Data driven with good negotiation skills supported by a desire to achieve best market pricing
- A basic understanding of budgeting is desirable
- Knowledge of the complete ‘Purchase Cycle’ and MRP systems is desirable
If you have a Degree and are currently looking for a challenging role, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.