Our client is one of the largest regional law firms based outside London. The firm provides a wide range of specialist, high quality, legal expertise and are looking for a Legal Support Assistant in their Commercial Property Team.
This role contributes to the work of the New Homes Team and supporting the Team Leader with the ongoing development of the team activities. More specifically, to assist with post completion registration of all of New Homes property transactions.
Duties will include;
- To take ownership of the allocated caseload of predominantly new build purchase with some remortgage matters
- To provide an efficient and effective service to the property units.
- To provide assistance with all post completion activities for New Homes property transactions in order to meet all the requirements and timescales. To include:
- Updating of PMS to ensure correct continuation of task flow
- Completion of Stamp Duty Returns via HMRC website
- Reconciliation of client accounts
- Submission of appropriate correspondence and notices to relevant parties
- Completion of NHBC Acceptance forms
- Registration with HM Land registry using Land Registry portal
- File completion and closing
- Post completion queries from clients, solicitors, developers, lenders etc
- To ensure appropriate quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
- To consistently meet all objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans
- To be a role model for the Foot Anstey Values and encourage the others to do the same
Skills and Attributes
- Proven knowledge and experience of post completions administration and processes, including a high level of computer literacy (ie: tracking progress via spreadsheets).
- A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Commitment to working within a quality standard environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development including self awareness and self reflection and continuous improvement
- A track record of consistently delivering to targets and/or objectives
- An understanding of the importance of knowledge management and sharing good practices
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.