To support the Disputes Team by providing an excellent service to our clients as well as contributing to the growth of client work and fee income. More specifically, to negotiate payment arrangements and initiate legal proceedings to recover unpaid business debt and enforcing judgements.
You will need to work effectively with our clients and their business customers. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with written correspondence on a daily basis whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
- To administer and progress existing legal account portfolio, including contested or defended cases.
- To provide support on a wide variety of transactions, which may include:
- Pursuing claims and making recoveries, drafting pleadings and witness statements and instigating and monitoring enforcement actions
- Researching the law and collating evidence for issues
- Validating lender appointments of fixed charges receivers and advising on their powers and duties
- Working closely with other departments to obtain evidence and data in preparation for potential disputes
- Briefing Counsel, attending conferences and assisting in drafting/amending legal pleadings and witness statements
- To support others in the team with any specific business development and marketing activities to develop client work and fee income as part of supporting the business and strategic plans
- To work with the Team Leader and others within the Financial & Commercial Disputes Team to further develop the offering and client base as required.
- To ensure appropriate quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
- To consistently meet all KPI targets and any other broader objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans
- To live the Foot Anstey Values and encourage the others to do the same.
Skills and Attributes
- Proven knowledge and experience of litigation and dispute resolution work including claims for unpaid business debt, making recoveries by agreement or enforcement, injunctions, instigating and monitoring enforcement actions and breach of contract claims.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions concerning debtors on a day to day basis.
- Experience of some business development and marketing activities in support of the Team increasing the client base.
- A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
- Commitment to working within a quality standard environment
- Commitment to on-going professional and personal development including selfa wareness and self-reflection and continuous improvement
- Experience of delivering to targets and objectives
- An understanding of the importance of knowledge management and sharing
- Previous experience of working with a CRM system would be an advantage
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.