Account Manager required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. This is a pivotal role within the company looking after an existing client base, liaising between internal departments to ensure that orders are delivered within a timely fashion to the customer.
- Day to day management of customer accounts.
- Order entry.
- Expediting orders.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently with the customer.
- Pricing management for accounts including quotations, lead times, and special pricing requests, ensuring all prices are kept up to date on SAP.
- Prepare quotes for standard and non-standard products.
- Entering customer supplied schedules as required.
- Maintain and analyse forecasts in terms of amendments, pull forward air freight requirements.
- Support the NPI process.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested.
- Respond to telephone/email enquires proactively passing to the relevant department where necessary.
- Liaise with internal departments to provide any information and updates to customers in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Cover colleagues as and when required.
- Provide credit notes, generate pro forma invoices.
- Occasional travel to customer premises.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Experience and Attributes required:
- Experience in a similar sales role managing customer accounts (preferably from within manufacturing).
- Able to prepare reports in Word and Excel format.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Strong understanding of NPI processes.
- Ability to understand technical product information quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
Desirable but not Essential:
- Educated to HNC level or above.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar database.
- European Language skills.
If you have Account Management experience, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.