Our client is one of the largest regional law firms based outside of London. The firm provides a wide range of specialist, high quality, legal expertise and are looking for a Records Administrator who is available to start immediately, on a seven week fixed term contract, with the chance of this becoming a permanent position.
The Records Administrator role will support the Records Manager by providing an efficient and effective service assisting with the storage, retrieval and safekeeping of records, which include files, deeds and wills, which are held either for the firm or on behalf of clients and to assist the Business Excellence Team.
You may occasionally travel to the other offices in the company vehicle to assist with RM duties at our sites in Bristol, Exeter, Truro or Taunton. The successful candidate must hold a valid, up to date UK driving licence.
Duties will include
- Follow Record Management procedures correctly and efficiently.
- Work within the firms Health & Safety guidelines to ensure a safe working environment at all locations.
- Administer storage retrieval request for records and deal with them in line with service level agreements.
- Work at the remote storage facility on a rota basis with other members of the record management team to deposit and retrieve documents which have been requested by either internal or external Clients.
- Find and locate records using the current database and the databases of predecessor firms.
- Deliver items once retrieved from storage to internal clients in Plymouth & transferring documents to the Business Services team for onward transmission to other offices.
- Amend the database to show that Files, Deeds, Wills and other items are no longer held by a fee earner/secretary but are again in the safe custody of the Business Excellence Team. Re-packing items for continued storage.
- Create database records to show the relevant information in relation to Wills and deeds and assign storage numbers to the items.
- Archive closed matter files and assign storage numbers.
- Deal with requests for documents from external clients and following set record management procedures for their release including complying with Law Society guidelines and Data Protection compliance.
- Assist in developing and improving record management procedures already in place.
- Ensure the Records Management Policy is maintained consistently across all offices.
Training, Experience, Education & Characteristics required
- Able to work in a warehouse environment, lifting boxes and climbing ladders
- Demonstrable experience with records management and/or archiving
- Able to cope with repetitive work
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Solutions based with strong problem solving skills
- Team player and calm under pressure
- Evidence of IT, numeracy and literacy skills
- Experience in use of office and windows software
- Excellent organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Excellent administrator with the ability to follow procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a range of people internal and external to the business
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of tasks
- Must present an appropriate and professional public image and communicate in an effective and business-like manner with all levels of staff
- Must have the ability to deal with issues and resolutions whilst liaising with internal and external clients
- Ability and experience of working as part of a team
- Must be approachable, friendly and diplomatic
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel V. Many thanks for your interest.