As a result of my clients expansion plans and continued colleague progression we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer based in their Head Office.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance The Range’s offering to our customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through –
- Attending buying appointments with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Graduate or equivalent
- Previous buying experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to commit to foreign travel as required
- Discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for details
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve The Range offering.
Salary depending on experience
If you are an experienced Assistant Buyer and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.