Experienced Production Supervisor required to provide exceptional management and leadership to a team of existing staff within a global based manufacturer in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to coach, lead and motivate staff to drive forward on time delivery of product to Customers. This is an exciting opportunity to join a manufacturer who has achieved market dominance at a period of continued growth.
Key Responsibilities will include (but are not exclusive too):
- Providing exceptional management and leadership for a department within the sheet metal production area.
- Focusing the sheet metal team on providing our customers with exceptional levels of quality and delivery.
- Ensuring 100% compliance with all health and safety standards and requirements.
- The planning and coordination of activities towards the fulfilment of a range of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Optimisation of Productivity through effective manpower planning and development.
- Ensuring all tools, equipment and work areas are well maintained and fit for purpose.
- Providing a working environment, which encourages high levels of employee engagement.
- Driving forward continuous improvement.
- Working as part of the management team towards the success of the client.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Attributes required:
- Proven recent experience in a Supervisory role within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment (ideally lean manufacturing or sheet metal production).
- Lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Effective leadership and management experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- The drive to achieve demanding targets.
- An analytical and systematic approach.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Commitment to team working and relationship building.
- Strong problem solving capabilities.
- Personal drive and ambition.
Beneficial (but not essential) Qualifications and Experience:
- Six Sigma Green belt.
- CMI Level 3.
- A Mechanical Engineering based qualification.
The successful candidate will be working static back shift of 14:50pm – 23:00pm Monday to Friday.
If you have Supervisory experience from within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.