This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a multinational corporation which provide skilled, bespoke engineering services.
This role is a contract role based in Plymouth looking to start on or around May 2019 until Nov 2019.
Our clients infrastructure business unit is looking for a manager of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of related facilities for strategic infrastructure projects. Your main purpose would be to develop and manage a strategy and development of suitable processes for all Building Information Modelling (BIM) related activities for both Strategic Infrastructure and the wider Engineering Services team.
The successful candidate will be driving forward change management around digital ways of working and getting the most out of the data, technology, people, process and policies in order to deliver the outputs needed for collaborative construction. You would be responsible for setting out the company strategy strategy for continuous Building Information Modelling (BIM) advancement in order to provide design & construction innovation and collaboration.
Key Responsibilities for the BIM Manager
Admin and Analysis:
- Overseeing and monitoring a phased approach to the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) projects including the production and updating of BIM process documentation. IOR, AIR, BEP etc.
- Approving, supervising and developing various models and drawings of infrastructure and equipment for both Nuclear Safety related and Non- Nuclear facilities.
- Mainaining lifetime records as required by Corporate Procedures that pertain to the design of Safety Related Facilities.
- Ensuring that the administration of tasks and costs are appropriately recorded in accordance with Corporate procedures.
- Maintaining familiarity with company procedures used within Strategic Infrastructure.
- Establish and update as required a Common Data Environment including managing the operation, processes and culture to enable reliable information exchange between project team members, the employer and other parties
- Agree and implement record keeping, archiving and audit trail for the information Model.
- Facilitate the management of the federated model and the production of project outputs.
- Providing professional advice in relation to Building Information Modelling (BIM) information requirements.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
- Provide Design Tool support for the development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP’s for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
- Work with the PM/Senior project leadership in translating design/technical design intent into the BIM model(s).
- Receive & Maintain information into the Information Model in compliance with agreed processes and procedures. Validate compliance with information requirements and advise on non-compliance.
- The post holder will provide technical support to the Digital Information Manager and other SI key stakeholders.
- The provision of BIM training to the SI team.
- Developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow processes, including fostering a positive culture in respect of BIM.
- To manage the activities of a small team for design work packages providing the planning and estimating of tasks through to provision of design deliverables and construction support.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to junior staff. Advice on changes required to the BMS to implement BIM into the organisation.
- Potentially manage team workload and schedule in terms of both resourcing and programme for digital delivery packages
Ensure team compliance with management procedures and processes including:
- Risk and Value Management
- Peformance management and change management procedures including adjustments to budgets and programme
- Ensure relevant health and safety information is included in output of drawings and models.
- Liaising with the external supply chain and company Information assurance to ensure the supply chain has implemented the relevant security systems & BIM/BMS processes are adhered to.
- Preparation of Project Outputs, such as presentations, data drops; and Implementation of the BIM Protocol, including the updating of the Master Production Delivery Table (MPDT).
- Assist Project Team Members in assembling information for Project Outputs.
Experience, Attributes and Qualifications Required for the BIM Manager
- The postholder must be qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant discipline below, hold Engineering Council UK registration as a Chartered Engineer and be a Member of an accredited Institute.
- Be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and Navisworks. Producing 3D drawings for civil & structural schemes.
- Civil/ Structural Engineering.
- Nuclear: The post holder must have completed YINC or NFC or NIC or equivalent.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant Industry Standards and Codes of Practice
- Experience of detailing Structural steel, Concrete, Masonry and Timber.
- Experience of co-ordinating a team of CAD technicians / History of delivering on mid-large BIM projects.
The Post Holder must demonstrate a level of competence that is equivalent to a Chartered Engineer level in engineering theory and provide examples of project and design deliverables. Preferably Nuclear & Dockyard related.
If you are an experienced BIM Manager, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Cerys Piper. Many thanks for your interest.