This is an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in Plymouth as a Xero Bookkeeper.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for all aspects of financial management and control, bookkeeping, admin support and financial reporting.
- Experience of bookkeeping and preparing VAT returns
- Ability to work accurately and to strict deadlines
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong working knowledge of Xero, liaising with debtors and creditors
- Sending out invoices, chasing bad debts and reconciliation
- Data entry of invoices, receipts, remittances, cheques etc
- Reconciliation of credit cards
- Dealing with payroll journals and any other month end journals
- Dealing with client queries by email and telephone
- Arrange payment of supplier invoices to our schedule
- Reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts
To keep all financial accounts up to date at all times and provide timely and accurate reporting to the Directors and other members of the team as required.
The Successful Applicant...
- is an advanced user of Xero with minimum 1 year experience
- has a high level of attention to detail, demonstrated by previous roles
- works well in a team and is an effective communicator
- has a positive attitude towards business challenges
- has excellent computer skills (especially MS Word and Excel) and can easily pick up new systems, processes and ways of working
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,000 / year, plus performance related bonus
If you are an experienced Bookkeeper and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Laura. Many thanks for your interest.