A Building Services Assistant is required to work with a unique site located in the heart of Plymouth.
The Building Services Assistant will be part of the Premises Department who are responsible for repairs, maintenance and improvements to the buildings and facilities across two sites (including grounds and gardens).
Key Responsibilities for the Building Services Assistant (Maintenance):
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks and first-fault repair of electrical/mechanical equipment including working on air handling units, pumps, heating plant, lighting, refrigeration, hot and cold water systems, drains, sewage pumps, windows, lifts, doors, fire doors and lifting equipment
- Responsible for painting, decorating and DIY, both projects and ongoing maintenance
- Assist with general housekeeping tasks including the upkeep of the external grounds including the entrances, fire exits, gardens, refuse areas, loading bay and scene dock
- Assist with pest control Play a proactive role in delivering our objective of increasing energy efficiency
- Plan works schedules (informing Premises Manager of these) and communicating effectively with all colleagues, contractors and internal customers
- Supervise contractors engaged to provide services including adherence to statutory obligations and best practice
- Undertake regular walk-arounds with colleagues to improve communications and identify maintenance issues
- Utilise the Premises Department software to its full capabilities
- Implement the organisation’s Health and Safety policy, best practice and current legislation to all work and to help protect themselves, other staff, visitors and customers
- Assist the Premises Manager to ensure all statutory inspection and certification is current and updated at all times
- Act as callout response for the business (relating to maintenance or building issues)
Skills Requirements for the Building Services Assistant (Maintenance):
- Experienced in both planned and reactive maintenance work – including scheduling
- Extensive experience with and/or a qualification in electrical / mechanical repairs
- Competency in a variety of domestic maintenance activities (i.e. painting / decorating / DIY)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
If you feel that you have the experience required and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below. For informal chat about the Building Services Assistant role, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte. Many thanks for your interest.