This is an exciting opportunity for a proven building manager to shape, build and lead a small team.
Full operational, budgetary and personnel responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the Building Services department, charged with maintaining all plant, building services, and building finishes to the high standards appropriate to a major public leisure and entertainment venue.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable professional experience of managing a complex building services department, be used to using Building Maintenance software to optimise performance and minimise downtime and possess outstanding customer service and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities of the Building Services Manager:
- Structure, develop and operate an efficient and effective Building Services Team
- Support and manage maintenance planned project works and changes
- Responsible for all the maintenance of the building, plant and equipment
- Scheduling of PPM (planned preventative maintenance) and RPM (reactive)
- Ensure the safety and security of employees, clients and visitors
- Regular review of suppliers and contractors performance and contracts
- Budgetary responsibility for all Building Services budgets and to ensure value for money and accurate forecasting
- Develop and maintain good communication between all internal departments, promoting a high level support and understanding of the Building Services Team’s capabilities
- Attend and contribute to meetings, including Operations meeting, Health & Safety and any other meetings as necessary
Skills Requirements for the Building Services Manager:
- Good engineering knowledge or experience
- Strong and demonstrable experience of managing a complex building services department
- Excellent leadership skills
- Supplier management experience
- Microsoft Office experience and experience with building maintenance software
- Excellent communication skills
If you are an experienced Building Services Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Building Services Manager opportunity.