Our Client, a leading manufacturing Company, is seeking to recruit a Buyer for employment at their Factory based in the north of Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to provide strategic and operational level purchasing which will include direct parts purchasing, supplier management, indirect parts purchasing and management, including services and capital, parts productivity improvements and purchasing performance reporting.
- To be the first point of contact relating to any Direct Material Purchasing activities within the plant.
- To provide operational support in the procurement and management of all indirect purchase areas including services and capital.
- To ensure the set up and application of terms, including the pricing, of purchased component parts as procured within the Plant.
- To support the procurement / planning team to ensure the timing and accurate supply of Purchased parts within the plant.
- To support the Plant Purchasing Manager and Buyers in data preparation, projects and activities relating to the group purchasing of components, raw materials and services.
- To identify, qualify, project manage and deliver material cost savings within the plant.
- To monitor and liaise with the Plant Controller on variations to the material / component costs as agreed / targeted.
- To provide and support specification changes to materials and components as driven by any department / function within the plant.
Key skills/experience required:
- High level of computer/ERP literacy including knowledge of business reporting, forecasting, financial and business systems
- Further education in Purchasing or Supply Chain, ie. CIPS.
- Firm understanding of cross-functional inter-dependencies (operations, finance, supply chain)
- Project and process management including an understanding of business process re-engineering methodologies.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Purchasing role within a volume manufacturing plant.
If you are an experienced Buyer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.