A Cable Harness Assembler is required for an ongoing temporary contract with our client in Truro. The Cable Harness Assembler’s main objective is the preparation, assembly and testing of cable harnesses to a very high standard and in line with industry required certification.
Key Requirements :
- Understand and read customer drawings, bill of materials and wiring schedules.
- Source parts and assemble harness in line with drawings and specifications using varying methods of assembly, particularly soldering and crimping of contacts and other associated processes to be able to competently assemble a cable harness.
- Assemble cable harness and carry out stage testing processes and inspection during assembly, completing documentation as required and reporting any problems promptly
- Carry out repairs to customer harnesses as necessary, sourcing fault and rectifying
- Understand final inspection requirements and be able to competently carry out a complete harness test
- Support the team and business in carry out any other supportive tasks as required
- Able to read engineering drawings, circuit diagrams and wiring schedules.
- Ability to demonstrate a technical aptitude.
- Ability to use required tooling (e.g. soldering iron, crimp tools, heatshrink guns etc.)
- Good secondary education to include, GCSE (or equivalent) Maths & English. Electronics would be advantageous.
- Health, Safety & Environmental awareness
- Reliable and trustworthy
- As part of the interview process there will be a soldering test to ensure the required standard
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.