Experienced CNC Setters required to join a global manufacturer based in Plymouth. Due to a strong order book, four setters are required to join the company’s existing team on a permanent basis. Successful candidates will be required to set and operate Fanuc controlled machinery and PLC’s. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company which puts quality and innovation at the heart of its ethos.
- Setting and operating of CNC machinery, PLC’s (such as Allen Bradley) and manual machinery such as Bridgeport mills and Colchester Lathes, all in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Reading Engineering drawings.
- Using analogue & digital measuring equipment such as Vernier’s & Micrometres.
- Report defects to cell leader, this includes scrap and RTS, undertaking batch reworks as and when required.
- Perform frequency gauge checks in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Ensure tooling is fitted correctly and running in accordance with specification sheets.
- Undertake batch reworks as and when required.
- Complete daily short interval scheduling sheets clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete daily/weekly machine setter checklist – coolants, oils and machine health and safety.
Experience, Attributes and Qualifications Required:
- Previous experience of operating CNC machinery within Engineering / Manufacturing environment – Essential.
- Previous experience reading Engineering Drawings – Essential.
- Previous experience of using measuring equipment such as Vernier’s and micrometres – Essential.
- A relevant Engineering based qualification (i.e. Mechanical Engineering) – Preferable not Essential.
- An excellent eye for detail.
Successful candidates must be able to work weekly alternating shifts of Monday to Friday – 06:00am – 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:00pm – 22:00pm.
If you are an experienced CNC Setter, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.