Real Ideas are passionate about solving social problems and by working with individuals, organisations and sectors they harness the power of social enterprise to deliver real and lasting social change.
Game Changer will transform the lives of young people living in challenging circumstances in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly today. It will support them to overcome the complex challenges they face; understand their individual aptitudes and interests; develop skills and experiences; build connectivity and networks; resulting in them moving into work or long-term learning.
The job purpose:
The Learning Facilitator is a key member of the Game Changer delivery team. They play a crucial role in supporting and enabling young people aged 15-24 to experience real world issues through Challenge Based Learning, building confidence and breaking down barriers, real and imagined, between perceptions of work and real opportunities and, importantly, are supported to progress from the programme to employment, next stages of education or training or apprenticeships.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Delivering quality services and products and producing great outcomes individually and within project teams
- To work with RIO team, partners and stakeholders to create pathways for young people into meaningful, sustainable progressions.
- To work with Game Changer Navigators to provide progression support for young people as required ensuring sustainable progressions and reducing drop out rates.
- To develop programmes that support skills development for young people to progress into employment and apprenticeships that meet needs of young people and business.
- To develop relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations that are required to enable high quality sustainable progressions
- To work with individuals within CBL programmes to enable their personal and professional development and secure progression
- To design and deliver innovative approaches for transformational change through Challenge Based Learning and upskilling young people for their futures.
- To use skills, knowledge and expertise to help influence strategic development particularly within creating pathways for young people in Cornwall to succeed.
- To fully participate in RIO’s practice development programme to ensure excellent delivery of CBL across the whole of the organisation and progression and development of young people towards meaningful futures.
- To provide leadership, project management and consultancy both internally and externally.
- To measure and celebrate impact.
- To help develop a customer base leading to business opportunities, sales and innovation in accordance with the RIO principles and ethos.
- SEQ mentor.
- Teaching qualifications.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a similar lead development role working with a wide range of clients.
- Training delivery and or facilitating groups of young people aged 15-25.
- Direct delivery facilitating the development of young people/individuals or organisations to achieve outcomes.
- Multi-partnership working across public and private sector.
- Supporting people into employment/training.
- Significant experience of working directly with businesses and their workforce.
- Providing business support/mentoring.
- Working directly with businesses to grow their workforce.
- A good track record in business development/management.
- Co-production & co-design.
- Experience of coaching and supporting individuals.
- Experience of creating innovative projects and programmes that address problems for individuals/organisations and or society.
- Providing consultancy advice.
- Proven experience of income generation.
If you have the experience needed for this role and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.