Experienced Buyer required to work as part of an existing procurement team. As the Contract / Development Buyer you will be responsible for the cost management of commodity groups for a supplier spend in excess of £100m. The successful candidate for this role will be required to achieve yearly cost reduction targets, whilst ensuring time critical delivery of parts is maintained. Implementing supplier contracts and supplier selection criteria will also be a key responsibility, whilst ensuring the client’s supply base can provide / support their global warranty requirements. The successful candidate will source all new parts for NPI, and convert into part numbers, ensure pricing is competitive, on time delivery and required quality achieved. Ensure all NPI projects are built within budget, ultimately improving the P & L of the company.
- Negotiate long and Short term contracts, manage supply base and instigate supplier improvement programs
- Generate Savings Reports on a monthly basis on all cost reduction achievements for presentation to the Purchasing Manager. Maintain project programs and all key performance indicators.
- Mitigate price increases imposed on the business from the supply base.
- Review & understand commodity and market pricing via analysis of raw material fluctuations, currency movement and market trends/demands to support cost reduction via negotiation, internal waste reduction projects & design/development improvements.
- Work closely with development & engineering teams in evaluating new products & technology to obtain best market pricing and keep pace with technologies with sector.
- Support improvement projects including Six Sigma initiatives.
- Adhere to administration systems ensuring agreed processes of the purchase cycle such as order format, delivery schedules etc are complied with.
- Act as an Ambassador for the client, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values. To promote the client as a market leader.
- Place, manage & expedite orders related to development parts.
- Manage flow of information between development department and suppliers adhering to schedule.
- Undertake cost reduction projects via supplier negotiation, design and development.
- Manage and report development budget on a weekly basis ensuring budget is adhered to.
- Negotiate, validate and approve pricing on new parts entering the business.
- Undertake make or buy scenarios, local cooperative pricing and implement as necessary.
- Manage a portfolio of suppliers geared toward certain product types and/or commodities.
- Support improvement/six sigma projects.
- Acting as an Ambassador, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to Company’s values, to promote the company as a market leader.
- Management of development purchasing spend and adherence to material costs for development boats.
- Operating headcount.
- Approval of purchase part pricing.
- Release of manufacturing information from development to suppliers.
- Managing suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Assist principle buying team with supply issues.
- Experience in the complete ‘Purchase Cycle’ and MRP systems.
- Experience in purchase requisitions.
- CIPS or equivalent qualifications preferred.
- Proven track history delivering significant cost savings and improvement projects
- Experience working on large NPI projects, delivering results in short time scales
- Computer literate in prime Microsoft applications.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels by showing good presentation skills with a willingness to embrace change and work unsupervised and as part of team.
- Data driven with good negotiation skills, supported by a desire to achieve best market pricing.
- An understanding of budgets and manufacturing.
If you are an experienced Buyer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.