We are currently recruiting for a number of Client Contact / Research team members for a six week temporary contract role. The job is working in their Plymouth offices contacting young people, mainly over the phone to find out what their current situation / status, regarding employment or education, then signposting them to appropriate services that are available.
You will need an excellent telephone manner and the ability to talk to young people about their career or education choices and then record the data accurately on ICT systems. We are looking for people who have previous telephone based work experience, a stable work history as a DBS check will be carried out; you must be able to complete the full contract and be a positive and enthusiastic person. If you have the right skills and experience for this position, then we would like to hear from you.
You will need to be positive, motivated and enjoy talking to people over the phone. You will need to able to complete the project either to the end of November or until the workload is completed which may be sooner.
The duties will include…
- To follow up young people to update current situation/status (mainly by telephone)
- To provide a welcoming and supportive contact point to customers
- To collect outcome and destination information from customers
- To record outcome and destination information in line with company procedures
- To promote our client and their services to customers and potential customers
- To signpost customers to appropriate services
- To embrace and optimise the use of ICT within the role
- To work to deadlines and targets set
- You will be required to complete the necessary Mandatory Training required for this post
- To follow the principles of data protection legislation and company requirements for confidentiality and information sharing
- To ensure that all Company policies and procedures including equal opportunities and health and safety, adhered to at all times
- To adhere to the Company policies of commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to ensure that safeguarding arrangements are in place and are complied with
The Right Person…
- Experience or working in a customer service or telephone based role, perhaps a call centre or telesales
- Experience of talking to members of the public on the telephone and/or via information and communication technologies
- Ability to build rapport with young people from a wide range of backgrounds and have excellent listening skills
- Ability to relate to and take an interest in young people
- Confident telephone manner, strong organisational skills, ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent IT skills as you will be recording the data gathered on ICT systems and using email to contact when appropriate
- Will be required to be DBS checked (costs covered by our client)
In return we offer...
- 37 hours per week; starts immediately
- Monday to Friday 10.00am to 6.00pm or 11:00am to 7:00pm must be flexible and happy to do the occasional Saturday from 10.30am to 2.00pm with time off in lieu
- Hourly rate £8.88 per hour
If you are available for all of this 6 week assignment and are currently looking for a new challenge we would like to hear from you please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.