Our client creates innovative IT products and services that transform the way their customers work and as such, innovation is at the heart of what they do. They have strong and growing divisions that specialise in providing IT services, communication solutions and retail to business and home customers throughout the UK. Their depth and range of expertise in IT and communication services is one of the many reasons why they are so renowned.
We are searching for a Senior Data Analyst who will be responsible for working within the core development and management of interfaces to the differing clinical system databases. You will be responsible for providing data insights and supporting decision making and data mapping for the business. Working with both technical & non-technical members of the agile teams, you will design, develop and maintain effective solutions to support any data migration or data transformation process. You will also be required to make a recommendation of when data migration has been completed, adequately tested and can be released…
- Using a firm understanding of the whole data and application life cycle, you will be capable of rapidly and efficiently introducing yourself with ongoing developments of different areas.
- To manage the transformation and manipulation of data in order to transfer data between computer solutions.
- Masters design of data structures for optimal storage, creation, retrieval or data mining.
- Proficient with Statistical Data analysis, modelling and regression.
- Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation, to work efficiently within project timelines and budgets.
- Coach juniors and transfer existing and acquired knowledge to peers.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies then coach other team members to improve their skills.
- Manage source code and version control using GIT.
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires.
- Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the data team and the wider technology organisation.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries.
- Have a strong background in software development (C++, C#, JS) and or mathematics, either through training or experience.
- Have an understanding of common database technologies.
- Experienced in building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence projects would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Experience in preparing system design documents, using cases/ test cases and other systems documentation.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to interact with both technical and non-technical personnel in different units both clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g. collaborate with team members, users and back-end programmers.)
- Have good exposure to DBA skills for MySQL.
- Experienced with; MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management.
- Experienced with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling and schema designs.
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage.
- Experienced with production support, change control protocols.
- Experienced in managing highly available environments and configurations.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Experienced with working in an Agile software development environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior members and spread knowledge within the team.
- Demonstrates leadership, team and project management skills.
Within this position, problems addressed involve the interpretation of reports and the evaluation of requirements. This can require frequent interaction with colleagues, both within and outside of the department. As such, internal contact is a key feature of the job, involving the post holder to liaise where necessary with other team members; programmers, support staff, training members and occasionally directly with the user base.
Additionally, the post holder may be required to interface with the Connecting for Health or other third parties, so communication skills and an outgoing attitude are vital in this role. You will also be responsible for maintaining confidentiality for client data, maintaining records and manuals/documentation as required.
This position is solely office based, with the potential for visits to clients and other premises. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply now and I will be in touch with more information. We are open to considering Junior, Mid-Level and Senior Data analysts, so if this is not quite the right fit, please get in touch by calling 01752 252 533 and we can confidentially discuss what you are looking for. Please ask for Rachel V when you ring…