We are looking for an outstanding candidate who is able to generate new ideas and help evolve the direction of the Luxury brand design to identity through interior and exterior furniture, helm, liners, upholstery and seating design.
The core role is built around the development of initial general arrangement layouts and the styling of interior and exterior furniture and mouldings. Other elements of the role are:
- Presentation creation for director level approval
- Working in conjunction with the design teams on deck and canopy design
- 3D surface modelling of concept designs for visualisation purposes
- Involvement in the NPI and NPD development process
- Understanding of budgets and manufacturing feasibility
- Management and support of interior/exterior mock ups
- To work in conjunction with Senior/Lead Designers and External Naval Architect (BOL)
- To produce accurate Model & Drawing data so that internal & external supply chains can manufacture parts that will be fundamental to the assembly of craft and using the most cost effective and safe manner benefiting the production and assembly of parts
- The candidate should have a degree preferably in product, industrial or transport design.
- The role can be adapted to suite the candidates skills and experience which should range from 1-6 years in a competitive design environment, marine industry experience is not essential.
- They will report to the Senior Concept Designer and work within a young team of designers striving to deliver the most luxurious, elegant forward thinking products in the market place.
- Strong visualisation and idea generation skills are essential. Hand sketching, photoshop and key shot are core skills along with 2D and 3D drawing and modelling using Unigraphics (prior knowledge of this package is not essential)
- They will be strong team players, self motivated, passionate about design and above all want to be part of a rapidly evolving business.
If you have relevant Data Designer experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.