One of the largest employers in the South West is currently looking for a Designer (Detail) to join their team based in Plymouth. We are looking for an outstanding candidate with a passion for design who will help to develop any number of new model design projects to a schedule specified by a development summary agreed by the Head of Development. The Designer (Detail) will also support a number of research and development (R&D) projects to meet current market/development requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Designer (Detail):
- Own the design of each component/area delegated by Senior Designers from start to finish
- Completion of individual design projects within the specified timeframe and budget
- Develop 001/1000 drawing in accordance with a specification and options list (generated by Head of Design)
- Creation of detailed 2D and 3D drawings of all interior/exterior parts to allow accurate 3D modelling by the CAS team
- Negotiate allocation of space between design/structures/engineering, holding meetings to address any potential conflicts
- Run mock-up buy-offs and drawing presentations at each phase of the design process to gain board approval
- Supply schematic drawings to suppliers for further development or quotation when appropriate
- Create design standards to allow designers and CAD designers to replicate agreed principals/design methods on future projects in a reduced timeframe
- Capture and record build/design issues
- Approve marketing material and supply information when requested
- Provided updated lists of changes to product specification and options list after each design phase
Skills Requirements for the Designer (Detail):
- A strong degree in a relevant subject, preferably in product, industrial or transport design is essential
- Strong visualisation and idea generation skills
- 2D and 3D drawing experience
- A good understanding of design specific CAD software
- A strong team player, self motivated individual who is passionate about design
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deadlines
Please note that applicants will also need to provide a design portfolio to be considered for this position.
If you are a Designer looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Designer (Detail) opportunity.