Reporting to the NPD Manager, along with the support of a strong Technical team, this role offers the opportunity to work in a wide variety of product areas and will see you liaising closely with our Technical, Production, Sales, Accounts and Engineering teams, and directly with customers.
You must have a Food Science or Technology degree and/or relevant experience in development or technical skills in a chilled or liquid processing manufacturing environment.
- To assist and develop new products both proactively and in partnership with Customers
- To create and maintain excellent working relationships with our Customers
- Duties cover kitchen concept work, pilot plant trials and factory trials
- To coordinate and support the NPD process from concept to launch on assigned projects
- To ensure assigned projects are assessed to meet required Food Safety and Quality parameters
- To ensure required documentation is completed, transparent and provides due diligence
- To liaise with suppliers regarding new ingredients to ensure they meet the Customer and Company policies
- Artwork checking and approval ensuring legal requirements are met as required
- To provide support on ingredient / product / process issues on live products
- To provide assistance on assigned Factory C.I. projects
- To be familiar with Competitor products and the markets the company operates within
- To be responsible for the Development kitchen, ensuring ingredients and consumables stocks are maintained effectively and good standards of tidiness and hygiene are achieved at all times. To carry out any other job functions as requested by the Head of Development or other Senior Managers
Key Accountabilities/experience & qualifications:
- Assigned Projects - delivered on time and to meet the required brief
- Information - should be detailed, accessible and enhances knowledge
- Self - motivated with an ability to work on own and as part of a team, be commercially aware
- A logical, proactive and methodical approach.
- Ensure sensitive information is kept confidential
- Cost – to be aware of the impact of own actions on the cost to the business and always seeking to improve on the previously accepted norm
- Good communication skills – able to communicate appropriately at all levels of the Company and with Customers and Suppliers
Considerable Food Industry experience and knowledge within a variety of categories, HACCP qualification / knowledge is advantageous and must be fully computer literate.
Rate of pay: Dependent on level of experience.
If you are a Development Technologist, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.