A new position has arisen for an experienced Dispatch Manager to join the Logistics team of a global manufacturer based in Plymouth. Reporting to the Logistics & Planning Manager the successful candidate will take full responsibility for the dispatch of product to customers, achieving measurable KPI’s as well as achieving results through behaviours in line with company values. The job holder will be expected to take full managerial responsibility for their shift of personnel and the designated area that they are responsible for in accordance with the Values of Safety, Quality and Profitability.
- Ensure compliance with quality procedures for on time delivery, pick accuracy, storage and handling of parts, adherence to packaging standards, cycle counting and management of stock accuracy.
- Manage the area according to output versus plan, improve and sustain continuous improvement activities in line with development of the business.
- Work in partnership with planning, production and sales to achieve business plan.
- Productivity by area – Manage, review, drive improvements in line with company KPI’s.
- Manning calculations and justification in line with volume requirements – Standard hours required.
- Arrange/ensure personnel within your area of responsibility have received the required training.
- Ensure compliance with health safety policies and procedures.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Candidate Attributes required:
- Previous Supervisory experience gained from within a dispatch / logistics environment based within manufacturing.
- Experience of dealing with international shipments, with a full understanding of regulatory export documentation.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to make and take responsibility for their decisions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate openly and effectively with team members, and different departments.
- Excellent IT Skills.
The successful candidate should also be qualified to a minimum of ILM Level 5 in Management. In the absence of this qualification the successful candidate will be required to study for this qualification.
If you are an experienced Dispatch Manager, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.