Our Client, a successful Plymouth based manufacturing company, is seeking to recruit an eCAD Librarian for a 6 months assignment. You will support projects in R&D and supply chain. You will be the primary contact for all eCAD library development activities and work closely with electronics engineers and cross-functional groups such as supply chain and engineering services to ensure integrity, usability and scalability of the eCAD library.
This position would ideally suit someone with a strong electronics background in a manufacturing environment or an Electronics degree.
- Develop and maintain the Pulsonix eCAD library, which involves creation of library parts, schematic logic symbols, PCB footprints, and 3D physical models and managing those eCAD library databases
- Ensure attributes of parts in the library and the BOMs are correct, consistent, and up to date
- Ensure parts are suitably multi-sourced
- Will work cross functionally with engineering, supply chain, and operations in revision-controlled environment
- Technical degree in electronics or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working with at least one eCAD tool — Pulsonix / Mentor / any other
- General knowledge of electronic components and ability to read, interpret, and understand datasheets
- Experience developing and implementing eCAD library development systems
- Industry standards relating to electronic components and PCB
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools — Word, Excel
- Ability to communicate technical information and concepts orally and in written form
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude to learning and working in a collaborative environment
If you have an Electronics background, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.