Kawasaki Precision Machinery are looking to recruit two experienced electrically biased Maintenance Engineers to join their team.
Established in 1968 the Precision Machinery division of Kawasaki has been at the forefront of hydraulic technology and development for nearly 50 years. Today the Kawasaki brand is synonymous with quality and innovation in hydraulic pumps, motors, valves and complete systems across the whole spectrum of applications.
The successful candidates will be required to carry out both planned and unplanned maintenance work on CNC Machine Tools and PLC controlled machinery. This role requires the ability to fault find and diagnose problems, and resolve these technical issues within a timely and safe working manner.
- Fault finding using PLC ladder diagrams.
- Fault Finding using CNC controls.
- Identify repeat problems and assist in the corrective actions to remove the cause.
- Breakdown repair of existing plant, and machinery.
- Advise on maintenance spares holdings.
- Installation of new/existing machinery.
- Assist with machinery moves.
- Implement and support TPM/PPM across the site.
- Fully participate in production support activities.
- Electronic record keeping of machine repair details and stock.
- Be aware of hazards around the site, and be proactive in identifying them and supporting removal of hazards identified by others.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner as per the priority set by production.
- Work with the production team to assist with the installation of new machinery.
- Ensure PPM activities are carried out within scheduled times, and arrange machine release if required.
- Repairs of plant and machinery.
- Risk assessment of all work tasks and contractor inductions.
- Work with production staff to provide breakdown support in line with production priorities.
- Ensure that a risk assessment is carried out prior to start of work, and to reassess this if there are any changes during the work task.
- Ensure good communication is maintained with production staff for updates on machine breakdowns, machine release from production for maintenance.
- Communicate between outgoing and incoming maintenance shifts.
- Act as a mentor when working with apprentices or new starters.
- Work with the team to ensure it meets its 5 s performance targets.
- Be responsible for meeting individual KPI’s.
- Ensure 100% compliance of working on a task only once a risk assessment is in place.
Essential Candidate Attributes:
- A proven track record in Electrical Maintenance Engineering on CNC machinery and PLC controlled processes
- Experience of using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) in fault finding
- Recognised Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification
- Minimum of a Electrical ONC qualification
Hydraulic system knowledge would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be required to work weekly alternating shifts of Monday to Friday – 06:00am – 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:00pm – 22:00pm.
If you are an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.