A well established Manufacturing business based in Saltash is looking to recruit an experienced Electronic Design Engineer to join their team. This is a vital role within the business so previous experience is a must.
- Provide novel and innovative solutions to design requirements and design / product issues.
- Research new technologies, components and process’s, providing feedback on how they could be used in products to add or enhance features cost effectively.
- Design, develop and test electronic circuits, ensuring that the design meets the required functionality, cost, quality, safety, legislative, reliability & aesthetic requirements.
- Layout PCB’s, ensuring that the design meets the required functionality, cost, quality, safety, legislative, reliability & aesthetic requirements.
- Have prototype PCB assemblies manufactured and create appropriate documentation to allow the timely, cost effective and quality manufacture of the PCB.
- Design, develop and test looms for use in products, ensuring that the design meets the required functionality, cost, quality, safety, legislative & reliability requirements.
- Complete verification validation processes and write up reports on the designed electronics and the systems within which they integrate.
- Perform pre-compliance EMC tests on all products to provide a high level of confidence in the product being able to pass the required legislative testing and to ensure the product is robust for the market it is to be used.
- Work in partnership with Production Engineering to ensure all designs are fully testable and provide test requirements specifications.
- Liaise with suppliers, in partnership with Purchasing, on technical issues faced by the supplier and to source new components ensuring an acceptable supply chain can be maintained in Production.
- Prepare project documentation before, during and after a development. e.g. specifications, BOM’s, test schedules, test reports, training guides, service manuals.
- Help identify to the project team during the planning stages and throughout a project, factors effecting its successful completion.
- Constantly reviewing with the R&D manager procedures and process’s to improve the quality of products at the design & development stages.
- Liaise with other departments to provide technical support on released products.
Experience & Knowledge
- Must have HND or above in Electronic Engineering
- Member of the IET would be an advantage
- Mixed signal circuit design for microprocessor control systems is essential
- Design & testing for EMC is essential
- Schematic capture would be essential
- PCB layout again is essential
- Must have experience in Verification and validation testing
- Must have Design for Manufacture experience
- Design experience of products for robust environments is desirable
- Mentor Graphics PADS software is desirable
- Assembler or Embedded ‘C’ programming is also desirable
Hours: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 1pm on Friday
If you are an experienced Electronics Design Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.