We are currently in the market for an Engineering Manager for a manufacturers based in Plymouth. This role is very much focussed around Continuous Improvement, so knowledge in this area is imperative.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Demonstrate in depth Preventative Maintenance Culture
- Establish an effective Maintenance Engineering function, which is measured against key targets/goals.
- Actively manage the Engineering budget to ensure departmental expense & labour variance is zero or favourable against budget.
- Implement an effective planned maintenance system which is derived from a pareto analysis of equipment downtime & continually audit this system.
- Develop & Implement the capital plans for Operations and track individual projects against time and expenditure targets.
- Establish professional engineering standards within Maintenance to ensure full compliance with legal EHS requirements.
- Actively support the continuous improvement teams in the Operations department to achieve key targets/goals (eg Schedule Adherence > 95%)
- Drive continuous improvement in engineering through the maintenance of key metric reports, supported by a structured management process.
- Take ownership of O.E.E data and drive improvement
- Aim to champion internally the “Engineering function’ - enabling a more pro-active approach to long, medium and short term change reactive practices.
- Develop a flexible team, capable of supporting current and future business needs.
- Utilise creative problem-solving skills with a ‘can-do’ Culture
- Demonstrate leadership skills, managing and motivating colleagues to deliver outstanding results, whilst managing the pressure of multiple deadlines and targets.
- Demonstrate proven experience of interacting internally and externally at all levels within a corporate environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for data analysis or statistics.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize appropriately in an exceedingly dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work independently but effectively contribute to the team.
- Ability to assume a high degree of decision-making responsibility.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a data-driven approach to manage sensitive situations.
- Proven track record of learning new systems and processes quickly