Our client, a prestigious manufacturing company based in Plymouth, is looking to hire an experienced Facilities Engineer to join their team. This is a day shift position and potential candidates will be responsible for undertaking Mechanical & Electrical Pre-Planned Maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance and repairs, across the business. Key skills required along with preferred skills and qualifications required are listed below:
Key Skills required:
- Undertaking specified Minor Electrical works
- Undertaking specified Plumbing and Mechanical works
- Assisting Boiler Engineers where required
- Ability to complete Specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements for works requirements.
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to reactive equipment faults, diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- The ability to liaise with client departments including engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance of certain Electrical & Mechanical equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies on call out basis as required for key production equipment
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures to ensure work is carried out safely
- Welding experience to undertake steam pipe work repairs
- Understanding the operation of steam district heating systems and diagnostic fault reports.
- Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels whilst being able to work independently
- The ability to negotiate with, and influence sub contractors and suppliers
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
Required qualifications and experience:
- BTEC certificate and or City & Guilds/NVQ certificates in the relevant Engineering Discipline
- 17th Edition Electrical certification
- Experience of working on a mobile maintenance team across multiple sites
- Experience of working within asset management standards
- Computer literate
- Full Driving License
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- HNC (Or Equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Electrical 2391 Inspection and Testing certificate
- Certification in Pipe welding/ pipe fitting
- Experience in a high paced manufacturing environment
- IPAF license/qualification for access equipment
- H&S Training IOSH/NEBOSH certification
- Working with Steam Boilers and District Heating Mains.
If you are an experienced Facilities Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel, many thanks for your interest.