Facilities Manager required for a large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to ensure all equipment operates in a safe manner, in turn ensuring the safety of company employees, contractors, visitors and other stakeholders. You will be required to ensure that site operational targets are met by maintaining key equipment in order to fully maximise production.
- Key production equipment reliability and availability to achieve world class quality and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain the factory, site utilities and infrastructure so that it is safe for employees, enables value adding activities and reflects the high-quality standards of the organisation.
- Develop the skills and experience of the Equipment & Facilities Engineers to ensure that adequate technical competence is available to support the site and its operational goals.
- Provide leadership for the Equipment & Facilities Engineers to ensure that they engage with the goals of the site, develop a continuous improvement culture and provide adequate competence to deliver good performance.
- Implementing defined maintenance plans (TPM) to ensure the safety of employees and stakeholders.
- Implementing defined maintenance plans (TPM) to ensure the availability of equipment for production. Monitor equipment performance and report key performance indicators to the management team.
- Use Key performance indicators and other data collected to develop performance improvement plans and apply to contribute to improved quality, cost or lead-time.
- Lead a team of 19 mechanical and electrical engineers, providing feedback to help individuals manage their personal development. Constructing a competence matrix to ensure that sufficient skill is available when required (24/7 operations) and individuals manage their own continued professional development.
- Ensuring that all legal compliance standards are maintained.
Experience, Qualifications and Candidate Attributes required:
- A minimum of Seven years experience in an engineering role.
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent) in a related subject and / or a demonstrable experience managing facilities and / or maintenance teams within an Engineering or Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience in engineering problem solving and fault identification.
- Application of fault finding techniques such as 8D and the use of FMEA [Failure Mode and Effect Analysis].
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and the need for and development of a continuous improvement culture.
- TPM knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and experience of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Knowledge and experience of TQM [Total Quality Management] techniques.
- The ability to develop a guiding vision for the structure and performance of the team which aligns with achieving and exceeding the goals of the site.
- The ability to approach work with high levels of drive and energy and be creative and innovative. Possess a management style that focuses on people and be able to inspire trust.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you are an experienced Facilities Manager, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.