A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a prestigious client based in Plymouth for a driven and ambitious composites graduate to join their business.
The Graduate Composite Engineer must have a degree or similar qualification in a composites or an engineering discipline. They will assist the Composites Group in supporting all aspects of composite part production with a focus on parts in the tooling and moulding areas of the business.
Key Responsibilities for the Graduate Composite Engineer:
- Assist the development, delivery and monitoring of composite processes and products within moulding and tooling areas
- Assist the composites group in review of and update, to the Composite Work Instructions and Process Records inline with material and process developments
- Review, update and utilise internal testing standards as applicable during material testing projects.
- Conduct market research regarding available composite materials, identifying key selection criteria and assessing suitability
- Assessment of health, safety and environmental impact of composite material selections
- Support analysis of material samples as required by the business, utilising either internal protocols and equipment, or liaising with external specialists
- Assist the procurement team in relation to sourcing composite materials and ancillaries to maintain utmost product quality
- Utilise best practice and Safe Systems of Work during all composite projects, acting as an ambassador of this to business colleagues
- Provision of Bill of Materials for various composite projects using simple composite engineering science
- Upkeep of composite lab area, equipment and stores
- To promote and enforce team Health and Safety
Skills Requirements for the Graduate Composite Engineer:
- Degree qualified in a suitable composite/engineering discipline
- An industrial placement within a similar role would be beneficial although NOT essential
- Pragmatic with a data driven approach
- Good practical composites skills will be required during development projects
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office software
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If you have recently graduated in a relevant qualification and are currently looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career in this area please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Graduate Composite Engineer opportunity.