An opportunity to join a newly formed audit team to share and impart current knowledge back into the product. The vital role of the audit team is to feedback and add to the continuous improvements to the quality of the products.
Support the introduction of the audit process to be implemented by the newly formed internal team. Support the definition of quality standards to allow a consistent method to evaluate the products.
To support the Audit manager and feedback status of yachts in compliance with the prevailing standards and schedule requirements ensuring quality and safety targets are met.
- Support the Introduction and ongoing process of a Zero Tolerance Gateway and Auditing system - No Fault Forward
- Conduct daily in process audits.
- Conduct final audits and re-audits.
- Ensure the boat is customer saleable before hand over to Assembly lines or customer audit.
- All documentation completed and signed off
- Support and ensure that commissioning is completed at the correct stages of build.
- Any concessions are documented and accepted for next stage.
- Ensure quality boards are up to date with KPI's and learning actions for daily quality briefings.
- Conduct post mortem on all customer audits with build manager.
- Work in daily partnership with the build mangers and team leaders to ensure learning and calibration at operator level – ensure issues are fed back into the system through the correct business system.
- Work in partnership with the customer auditors to develop a calibrated view of quality and standards.
- Support customer audits and minimum once a month conduct a calibration audit with the customer team
- Support and drive efficiency and effectiveness to deliver against key objectives.
- Ensure processes meet health and safety requirements and ensure new products conform to COSHH and risk assessments.
- A reasonable amount of overtime is required to cover shifts/rotas as required.
- Audit consistency to the defined standard.
- Quality standards are being achieved and recorded.
- Audit information is visible and communicated.
- Reduction in severity and quantity of Audit issues.
- Eliminate repeat audit issues.
- Liaise with relevant Production Staff, Production managers Production Leads,
- Quality engineering, External Auditors.
- Liaise with other sites on common improvement methods and ideas.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree is required
- Ability to work in a proactive, as well as reactive manner.
- Significant communication skills.
- Good team building skills, leading by example and driven to progress within the department and business with the new experiences gained.
- Confidentiality and respect towards internal and external suppliers and customers.
If you are a Graduate ME and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.