One of the largest employers in the South West is currently looking for a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor to join their growing Plymouth based team.
Key Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor:
- Provide a comprehensive Health, Safety and Environment (H,S &E) service to the business units, providing guidance and support to the managers on all related matters.
- Undertake the promotion, delivery and auditing of Health, Safety and Environment policies and programmes in the workplace and ensure business units are legally compliant
- Promotion of a positive health and safety culture in all areas of the company through shop floor involvement and development of the Safety Champions & Reps
- Assisting business units with the root cause analysis, corrective and preventative (CA/PA) measures of accidents, incidents and near misses
- Compilation and review of safety and environmental management systems in line with accredited standards (ISO 14001/ OHSAS18001 & latterly 45001 once aligned and accredited)
- Carrying out independent safety and assurance audits in line with an agreed programme
- Assist business units to comprehensively close out findings of internal and external audits (CA/PA)
- Creation of heath, safety and environment reports and statistics
- Attend meetings at the health, safety and environment representative
- Help to develop company health, safey and environment objectives, policies, procedures and standards
Skills Requirements for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor:
- Member of IOSH / minimum Tech(IOSH) OR working towards Grad(IOSH)
- NEBOSH NGC/Construction
- Strong technical understanding of health, safety and environment legislation (H&S, E)
- History of working within a manufacturing or similar industry
- Experienced in effective communication at all business levels
- Working knowledge of Microsoft XL / Word
Desired (NOT essential) for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor:
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
If you are an experienced Health, Safety and Environment professional with the relevant qualifications and are currently looking for a new challenge please submit an up to date CV or call 01752 252533 and ask for Charlotte for an informal chat and further information about the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (SHE) opportunity.