Experienced Manufacturing HSE Manager required for world class leader in its field based in Plymouth. We are looking for an exceptional candidate, ideally with multi site experience, covering manufacturing, engineering, logistics, warehousing, office based and remote working activities, for 600 + employees across the UK. The successful candidate will be based primarily in Plymouth, however some travel will be involved to two other sites based in the UK.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Define and execute organisational objectives for Health, Safety, Environmental and Energy (HSEES) Management Systems.
- Driving the continuous improvement of HSEES systems and processes in all UK sites.
- Providing expert HSEES advice and support across the whole range of the client’s UK business activities.
- The training and development of staff in a range of HSEES requirements.
- The thorough investigation of accidents and near miss reports.
- Being the main point of contact for a number of external HSEES bodies.
- The analysis of data and production of management reports.
- Chairing regular meetings with the health and safety staff representatives, environmental staff representatives and energy management team.
- Working as part of the senior management team towards the success of all sites across the UK.
Essential Experience and Candidate Attributes required to apply for this role.
- A strong proven track record in Health Safety and Environmental Management gained within a manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in H&S Management or equivalent.
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- An analytical and systematic approach.
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A pro-active, team based and hands on approach to resolving issues.
- Continuous professional development.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary.
- BUPA health care for yourself and your family.
- An online recognition and reward portal scheme. This gives you and your family access to discounts at over 830 retail stores, with typical annual savings ranging from between £500 to £1000.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + 8 days bank holiday).
- Excellent company pension scheme which will match your contributions up to 5%.
- Subsidised staff restaurant, free parking and free work wear.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a manufacturer who holds the Silver Investors in People award and will give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their career.
If you are an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.