We are looking for an experienced, temporary HR Advisor to cover a period of 4 weeks at our manufacturing client in Plymouth. As the first point of contact for the management team and employees this role will both advise and support on employee related matters and ensure a quick and accurate response on the best approach.
The HR Advisor will work closely with HR colleagues to ensure the department is providing an effective and professional service to the business, and will contribute and support in the roll out of continuous improvement projects for the company.
- Providing support, advice and actively participate in the recruitment and selection of both internal and external staff, in line with the recruitment policy. Including responsibility for due diligence checks for the temporary labour account with the specified agency.
- Working closely with all levels of the management team, providing accurate and professional guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (inclusive of all policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management, etc.), in order to ensure a fair and consistent approach to people management throughout the sites.
- Providing support (note taking), advice and guidance (at appropriate level) on investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters, in conjunction with a member of the management team, ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Supporting Senior HR Advisor with developing, implementing and maintaining both site specific and UK based HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff.
- Ensure departmental records are maintained to meet the needs of legislative bodies and company certification requirements i.e. Immigrations, ISO audits, employment law, etc.
- Absence Management
- Coordinate and help deliver appropriate and effective Induction programme to all new starters.
- Co-ordinate and record site training activities
- Manage the process following completion of a training activity – ensuring the relevant paperwork has been updated and inputted into the training matrix system.
- Supporting the Senior HR Advisor in the process of reviewing standards and processes within the HR function ensuring processes are value adding and standards are being followed.
- Experience within a similar generalist role.
- Good sound knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice.
- High level of computer literacy Microsoft office use of HR / T & A systems
- Graduate calibre fully CIPD qualified.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing / logistics environment
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Louise. Many thanks for your interest.