HellermannTyton is a leading manufacturer and supplier of products for fastening, fixing, installing, connecting, insulating, protecting and identifying electrical cables and data network infrastructure. This Company is growing rapidly and they now have an exciting opportunity within this well established global manufacturing company, for a hands-on HR Advisor to join their small and busy HR team, based at their Plymouth Site, with additional responsibility for a cable harnessing site in Newquay (Staeng). You will be an integral member of the HR team and participate in and contribute to the HR meetings, HR Strategy and initiatives and Business Objectives.
Providing a seamless and efficient HR service, you will provide comprehensive, pragmatic support to managers and employees across the site, advising on a range of employee relations issues as well as employment law, policy development, recruitment, training and performance management issues. With an organised approach, you will be accustomed to working on a variety of HR procedures and will maintain comprehensive reports. Staying abreast of HR best practice is an essential part of the role, as you will implement changes in accordance with legislation, so you must have up to date knowledge of Employment Law, HR practices and procedures.
- Providing support, advice and actively participate in the recruitment and selection of both internal and external staff, in line with the recruitment policy. Including responsibility for due diligence checks for the temporary labour account with the specified agency.
- Working closely with all levels of the management team, providing accurate and professional guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (inclusive of all policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management, etc.), in order to ensure a fair and consistent approach to people management throughout the sites.
- Providing support (note taking), advice and guidance (at appropriate level) on investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters, in conjunction with a member of the management team, ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Supporting Senior HR Advisor with developing, implementing and maintaining both site specific and UK based HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of staff.
- Ensure departmental records are maintained to meet the needs of legislative bodies and company certification requirements i.e. Immigrations, ISO audits, employment law, etc.
- Absence Management
- Coordinate and help deliver appropriate and effective Induction programme to all new starters.
- Co-ordinate and record site training activities
- Manage the process following completion of a training activity – ensuring the relevant paperwork has been updated and inputted into the training matrix system.
- Supporting the Senior HR Advisor in the process of reviewing standards and processes within the HR function ensuring processes are value adding and standards are being followed.
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing / logistics environment
- Experience within a similar generalist role.
- Good sound knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice.
- High level of computer literacy Microsoft office use of HR / T & A systems
- Graduate calibre fully CIPD qualified.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Nigel. Many thanks for your interest.