We are working with an international manufacturers based in Mid Cornwall, who are in the market for a HR Assistant. This role will initially be a temporary role, with the intention of it becoming permanent by January. Experience working within manufacturing is essential, as is experience with recruitment, time and attendance and grievance and disciplinary. This is a full time position.
Leadership & Development
- Responsible for supporting the site’s adherence to company policies and procedures including disciplinary and grievance, ensuring legal compliance and best practice at all times.
- Daily HR KPI to daily deadline, checking actual Vs booked agency identify shortfalls / excess.
- Admin support for the recruitment function contacting candidates and holding telephone interviews and interviews. (with developmental support)
- Support HR Operations Manager with weekly contracted recruitment.
- Admin support for production of contracts of employment, statements of terms and conditions and other associated information for prospective employees. Assist in the development and review of these areas when required, track FTC and administer extensions / end / permanent contracts
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date staff records and organisation of accurate and timely payrolls for both employees and temporary workers, liaising with the other departments and temporary agency providers as appropriate.
- Support the HR Operations Manager in the installation, maintenance and development of any computerised personnel system or manual processes.
- Update T&A system with relevant Absence Codes within HR guidelines .
- Update My Options using RTW and Self Cert forms
- Review of trigger levels each week, Check RTW forms received and carryout the absence report weekly,
- Administration Support with formal reviews and disciplinary hearings with SLs.
- Update Progress on case management tracker
- In liaison with the Training Officer maintain up to date personnel and training records to ensure accurate information is available for reporting and auditing purposes, liaising with the Technical/QA Department where necessary in order to maintain our BRC/EFSIS (total quality) higher accreditation status and other audits such as SEDEX.
- Support the Environmental, Health and Safety function on site to ensure compliance with the guidelines of both Group and Governmental requirements.
- Any other HR admin, reports, project work and filing as requested.
- Take personal responsibility for own development and ensure knowledge and understanding of HR best practice and Employment legislation is kept up to date.
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- PC literate, including working knowledge of excel, word and email
- Good written composition skills
- Able to work on own initiative and receive instruction from a distance
- Sound planning and organisation skills
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Interview skills (including recruitment and investigatory)
- Experience of generalist HR duties including ER, recruitment, training, etc.
- Dealing with multi-national employees & works councils.
- Use of computerised databases such as Time & Attendance or HR systems.
- Payroll administration
- Managing change
- CIPD Level 3