HSE Manager required for a large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to ensure the safety of employees and other stakeholders by maintaining an effective Safety system that is aligned with safety legislation, company standards and approved codes of practice. You will be required to provide leadership for all Health, Safety and Environmental activities across the site. Communicate relevant information to employees and work to engage employees in the delivery of HSE processes, working continuously to improve company performance and innovate new solutions.
- Provide the leadership to engage all employees in the safety strategy and develop a zero-incident culture.
- Protect the health of our employees and other stakeholders by maintaining an effective system that monitors the impact of our operations on our employees. Identify potential areas for concern and implement working practices that eliminate the risk.
- Develop and implement a Health, Safety and Environment strategy that achieves our objectives.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and achieve ISO 18001 certification as an output of an excellent HSE systems and performance.
- Perform Risk Assessments for new and existing processes and equipment determine / implement risk reduction measures.
- Assist line managers to investigate accidents & incidents in a timely manner and ensure any subsequent corrective actions are identified, valid, and implemented.
- Organise the Health and Safety Committee and report on plant issues regularly.
- Identify and deliver employee training needs in relation to health, safety and environment.
- Participate in the operations management team.
- Communicate the expected safety standards to all employees and challenge those who fail to align.
- Ensure that an effective environmental management system is in place to ensure that manufacturing operations on site do not impact the environment.
Experience, Qualifications and Candidate Attributes required:
- A degree in a technical subject or significant Health, Safety and Environmental experience.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
- General experience in Health, Safety and Environmental manager, ideally from an engineering or manufacturing background.
- Good operations knowledge of PC applications - Typically Microsoft office suite.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Experience of budgetary control and planning.
- Leading all safety training requirements to support all departments.
- Drive and enthusiasm to be a champion for Health, Safety & Environmental issues.
- Develop a guiding vision for the structure and performance of HSE which aligns with achieving and exceeding the goals and objectives of the site.
- Creative and innovative. Possess a management style that focuses on people and be able to inspire trust.
- Experience in engineering problem solving and fault identification.
- Application of fault finding techniques such as 8D and the use of FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis).
If you are an experienced HSE Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton.